Private universities offer undergraduate, bachelor degrees as well as master's and doctoral degrees. Some private universities can be more competitive than public universities, however this varies significantly.
- Typically tuition is higher in a private universities but this isn't always the case.
- Many private universities have large endowments and may offer generous financial aid packages to competitive students with financial need.
- Accredited private universities accept federal and state grant funding for students.
Application Information and Tips
- As with all schools, it is best to search the individual universities' websites for specific requirements and deadlines.
- Some private universities are highly selective and their admissions will go far beyond the usual GPA, course rigor and test score criteria.